Quilters Newsletter editor Irene Berry revealed 10 scrap quilting tips in the February/March 2009 issue.
HERE THEY ARE:
1. Choose a color scheme.
2. Pay attention to the amount of light and dark contrast within the individual prints.
3. Focus on value: keep value placement consistent throughout the blocks.
4. Use a neutral in every block.
5. Scatter a bright accent color sparingly over the surface of the quilt.
6. The right border fabric can tie everything together.
7. Look for prints in a variety of scales.
8. Be wary of neon brights and high-contrast prints.
9. Don’t be afraid to mix different fabric styles.
10. Be adventurous. Bend, twist,
|You might also like...|
|To comment on this article you must be logged in. Not a member?|